Sensei McDonald has written a document describing what Aikido really means. Please take a look and help learn some of the reasons we practice this wonderful martial art.
Download the PDF file –Here–
The Aikido Institute Hope all have had a great Christmas Holiday, and wish all a Happy New Year!.
Classes will resume on Tuesday January 7th, 2020. We look forward to seeing all on the mats.
The Aikido Institute would like to congratulate Marcel on successfully passing his grading on Tuesday December 17th, 2019.
Great job Marcel.
Here’s what’s up for the next 2 weeks:
- Saturday 14 December: Class is cancelled (school event).
- Tuesday 17 December: Marcel’s grading…please come out and show support! .
- Saturday 21 December: Last class for 2019! This class will be from noon till 1:00 pm, then we have a Christmas Luncheon.
- This event is FREE for members – paid for by Aikido Institute, served at the Knights of Columbus building next door.
- Lunch is a choice of fish or chicken fingers with home cut fries, dressing, and gravy – along with 1 ticket for the beverage of your choice.
On Saturday December 14th, 2019 there is a school tournament scheduled, so class will be cancelled that day.
Thank you Terry for a great night of instruction.
Sensei shared a copy of a document that I have provided as a digital copy for your viewing:
The Seven Pleats of the Hakama:
“The Aikido hakama has seven pleats, each one representing a certain character trait. We as Aikidoka are encouraged to consider these qualities as a means of … “
Click -here- to view the full document.
The Aikidonl site is getting a complete rebuild in hopes of providing a much nicer experience for our visitors. Thank you for your patience during this transition.
Due to the school being a polling station, there is no Aikido 16 May, 2019.
We look forward to seeing everybody back on Saturday.
The Aikido Institute would like to thank all who helped make the Seminar a great success over this past weekend. There was a great turnout, and I am sure all who practiced appreciate Sensei Claude’s teachings and amazing technical skill.
As well, we would like to congratulate Daniel Sinnot on successfully passing his Shodan Test, and Mark McDonald for Achieving the rank of NiDan (2nd Dan)! Great job guys. Keep up the great practice.
The Aikido Institute is pleased to welcome Sensei Claude Berthiaume (Shihan) on the weekend of April 13, 2019.
We look forward to great weekend of practice, and to see everybody on the mats.